Sunday, June 10, 2007

Where Have All The Flowers Gone?


The Saturday before NeoCon is always flower day. I venture down to
A New Leaf florist to visit my friend Paul and try to score some great flowers for the our clients' showrooms. Paul is a rock star, and I have worked with him for many years. He always tells me to "make myself at home," and he even lets me go in the cooler in the back to see what's not out on the floor – as long as I promise to shut the door when I am done! Today, Paul informed me that he is leaving for Paris on Tuesday. He is going there to do the flowers for a huge fundraiser for Versailles. I guess the world has disovered Paul's talent, so if you ever need beautiful flowers in Chicago, go to A New Leaf at 1645 North Wells. Ask for Paul, and tell him Bill Grant sent you. He will hook you up. Thanks Paul, and have a great time in Paris!

No comments: